The Bad News is that the “Great Falling Away” that Jesus spoke of is happening in the modern church at breakneck speed, and it grieves us to have to report about the counterfeit movements, red flags and the degradation of God’s Word from pulpits and conferences. But there’s even worse news: All of humanity is stained with sin, deserving of God’s wrath. (Romans 3:23)
The message of the Gospel is Good News, and is central to everything we believe. We are all made in the image of God, but we are nothing without Him. As fallen, sinful people we do not deserve His grace. Even at our best, there is nothing we can ever do to earn an eternity with God. But the Good News is that Jesus Christ paid the punishment for our sins, and when we believe and are convicted to repent, we are forgiven! He loves us unconditionally; His grace is everything, and it is a free gift. (Romans 5:1)
There is no other authority by which we are saved, guided, loved and brought to Truth than the precious, non-negotiable truths are the firm foundations of our Christian faith:
- There is one God, eternally existing in three Persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- The Bible is truth! It is the only infallible, authoritative and sufficient Word of God, all truth, breathed out by the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, His sinless life, His substitutionary atoning death through His shed blood; in His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, His visible, personal return in power and glory.
- We believe in the Holy Spirit, the third Person of the Trinity, who came forth to convict the world of sin, righteousness and judgment and to regenerate, sanctify, seal, and empower for ministry, service and witness all who believe in Christ. We believe the Holy Spirit indwells every believer in Jesus Christ from the moment of salvation, and that He is our abiding Helper, Teacher and Guide in glorifying the Lord Jesus Christ and transforming believers into the image of Christ.
- We believe that all people are sinners by nature and choice, and therefore are under condemnation, and that God regenerates by the Holy Spirit those who confess Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior. Repentant, regenerated sinners are forgiven by Grace Alone not by works but through Faith, and are free from the penalty of sin. We believe that every person outside of Christ’s redemption is utterly guilty and corrupt before a Holy God. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of both the saved and the unsaved; the final judgment and eternal blessing of the righteous and the endless suffering of the wicked.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of all true believers in our biblical Lord Jesus Christ, called the Body of Christ.
- We believe God created the entire universe “out of nothing” and man from the dust of the earth to be a special creature bearing His image.