Note: We differentiate between those who struggle with sexual sin (sin outside of marriage between one man and one woman), and those who advocate for marriage between two men or two women.
1 Cor 6:9-11 tells us there is no such thing as a homosexual Christian. But the Good News is that Christ’s shed blood covers all sin. Unfortunately, the homosexual agenda’s strategy is to make churches either silent and powerless to speak Truth, or to get them on board as “gay affirming.”
The Homosexual Agenda at its core is a self-centered set of beliefs and objectives designed to promote and even mandate approval of homosexuality and homosexual ideology, along with the strategies used to implement such. The goals and means of this movement include indoctrinating students in public school, restricting the free speech of opposition, obtaining special treatment for homosexuals, distorting Biblical teaching and science, and interfering with freedom of association. Advocates of the homosexual agenda seek special rights for homosexuals that other people don’t have, such as immunity from criticism (see hate speech, hate crimes). Such special rights will necessarily come at the expense of the rights of broader society. The homosexual agenda is the biggest threat to the right of free speech today. (Source)
- legalize homosexuality
- promote gay pride parades
- demand non-discrimination laws
- insist on homosexuals’ adoption of children
- push the homosexual agenda in schools
- force “gay marriage” on society
- demand public funding to deal with increased homosexual-related social problems
- promote the transgender agenda
- impose a large-scale loss of free speech
- ban counseling for kids confused by homosexual issues
- attack churches
- Talk about gays and gayness as loudly and as often as possible. (They use late night air waves and special channels, as well as their right to peacefully assemble to do so.)
- Portray gays as victims, not as aggressive challengers.
- Give homosexual protectors a just cause.
- Make gays look good.
- Make Christians look like victimizers
- Get funds from corporate America.
Phrases, Practices and Terms:
- Rainbow symbol adopted by homosexuals
- LQBT (Lesbian Queer Bisexual Transgender)
- “Gay Christian”
- Gay pride
- Gay rights
- Those who oppose homosexuality are labeled homophobes, hatemongers, bigots
- “Zapping” of anyone who rebuffs homosexuality
- Ellen DeGeneres
- Rosie O’Donnell
- Melissa Etheridge
- Dan Savage
- David Geffen
- Tim Cook
- Anderson Cooper
- Robin Roberts
“This conference illustrates just how cleverly deceptive this [Revoice] movement really is, as they manipulate the audience emotionally with heart-wrenching testimonies between each and every session by “homosexual Christians” who have “decided” to be celibate for Christ, for which they surely deserve all the glory and applause!” (Source)
Robert Gagnon addresses his concerns with the Revoice Conference and those who align with the “Spiritual Friendship” program here.
An excerpt from Gagnon’s essay:
The adoption of terminology for self-identity that cannot be sanctified and inevitably brings in the whole “LGBTQ” baggage (“sexual minority,” “gay,” “transgender”). This terminology is normally associated with self-affirmation rather than sin and switches the obligation of the church from a call for repentance and restoration to a call for inclusion and diversity that celebrates what should be mortified. The fact that evangelical proponents of the “sexual minority” language are unwilling to use it of those with a pedophilic or polyamorist orientation should tell us all something. (Source)
“Gay (same-sex attracted) Christian” leaders:
- Sam Allberry (an apologist and writer for Ravi Zacharias International Ministries, and a consulting editor for The Gospel Coalition. Allberry promoted the Revoice Conference. Bible Thumping Wingnut podcast has a program on him here — the discussion begins at 14:00)
- Greg Coles
- Nate Collins (Revoice founder. The stated goals of the Revoice conference include, “Supporting, encouraging, and empowering gay, lesbian, same-sex-attracted, and other LGBT Christians so they can flourish while observing the historic, Christian doctrine of marriage and sexuality.” The conference’s main theme: Homosexuals who don’t commit physical acts are free to keep their LGBTQ+ identity.)
- Wesley Hill
- Jonathan Merritt
- Preston Sprinkle
- Eve Tushnet
- Matthew Vines
- Jen Hatmaker: Jesus Came to Affirm the LGBT Community NEW!
- Tim Keller’s Full Endorsement of Being Gay & Christian – Speaking Out on Living Out by Toni Brown NEW!
- Slouching to Ancient Rome (Follow up to Revoice: Sliding Into Heresy) by Peter Jones NEW!
- Revoice: Sliding Into Heresy by Peter Jones NEW! (Audio interview below)
- “The Greatest Threat to Free Speech Comes From LGBTQ Activists Who Rule Facebook, Google, Amazon” by Tyler O’Neil NEW!
- Regarding “Sexual Orientation,” Evil Desire, and the Question of Moral Neutrality by Phil Johnson
- LGBT Christians by Fred Butler
- Homosexuality, Gender Identity and Other Sexual Immorality by Michelle Lesley
- Should Christians Attend Homosexual Weddings? by Michelle Lesley
- Is the Bible’s Treatment of Homosexuality ‘Complicated’? by Denny Burk
- Answering the Gay Christian Position by Joe Dallas
- “Gay Christianity Refuted” from Alpha and Omega Ministries
- God, the Gospel, and the Gay Challenge — A Response to Matthew Vines by Albert Mohler
- Would the Son of God Contradict the Father? by Marsha West
- Behind the Increase in HIV Infections Among Gay and Bisexual Men by Drew Altman
- Homosexual Promiscuity: Breeding a national health problem by David Usher
2018 Revoice Conference Attendee Debriefing — Dr. Peter Jones and Joshua Gielow of truthXchange discuss the theology, message, and aims of the 2018 Revoice Conference. Mr. Gielow attended the Conference on July 26-28 in St. Louis, Missouri at Memorial Presbyterian Church (PCA).
Book – public relations manual for the homosexual agenda:
- After the Ball: How America Will Conquer Its Fear and Hatred of Gays in the 90’s by Marshall Kirk and Hunter Madsen
- 2004 Article by Albert Mohler: After the Ball–Why the Homosexual Movement Has Won
Other research sites:
- Americans for Truth About Homosexuality
- Bridge of Hope Ministries
- Culture Watch–Bill Muehlenberg
- Genesis Counseling—Joe Dallas
- NARTH Institute
- Parents and Friends of Ex-Gays and Gays
- Thomas Aquinas Psychological Institute—Joseph Nicolosi
What the Bible says about homosexuality:
- For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error. (Rom 1:1-28)
- Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God. (1 Cor 6:9-11)
- Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a person commits is outside the body, but the sexually immoral person sins against his own body. Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body. (1 Cor 6:18-20)