Join us as we share the journey of what God has done through our Dream Center, dynamic outreach, and community engagement. You’ll leave inspired and purposeful to make a bigger difference in your community. Be sure to bring your leaders and associates with you to this purpose-driven event.
UPDATE: In April, one month before the conference, it was reported that Jeremiah was no longer going to be speaking due to “scheduling conflicts”:
As for even considering speaking at the Jump Start conference in Chicago this past May, why anyone would want to hitch his pony to the heretic express?
If appearing at a conference with known and exposed heretics was the only concern, this probably wouldn’t garner much more than a raised eyebrow at Jeremiah’s incredible lack of discernment.
- Jeremiah regularly appears on Trinity Broadcasting Network (TBN), and was often alongside Word of Faith/prosperity teacher Paul Crouch (when he was alive).
- Last year, Jeremiah joined with Word of Faith heretics Kenneth Copeland, Paula White, and Jan Crouch in laying hands on, and praying for, Donald Trump.
- Jeremiah hosted Catholic New Ager Roma Downey and Mark Burnett at his church to discuss and promote the new TV show A.D. and Jeremiah’s new companion book based on the biblical book of Acts.
- Lighthouse Trails issued a report about David Jeremiah’s promotion of contemplative and New Age authors through his book, Life Wide Open, in which he favorably quoted New Agers, Buddhist sympathizers, mystics and contemplatives. The report also showed Jeremiah’s affiliation with New Age sympathizer Ken Blanchard and Lead Like Jesus.
- His book, Captured by Grace, Jeremiah favorably points to mystical contemplative Catholic author, the late Henri Nouwen, (who said he was uncomfortable with those who say that Jesus is the only way of salvation and that he felt it was his calling to help people find their own path). In addition, inside the front of the book sits the name and endorsement of Ken Blanchard.
It’s a serious pattern of confusing the sheep.
Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness? 15 What accord has Christ with Belial? Or what portion does a believer share with an unbeliever? 16 What agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; as God said,
“I will make my dwelling among them and walk among them,
and I will be their God,
and they shall be my people.
17 Therefore go out from their midst,
and be separate from them, says the Lord,
and touch no unclean thing;
then I will welcome you,
18 and I will be a father to you,
and you shall be sons and daughters to me,
says the Lord Almighty.”
2 Corinthians 6:14-18
Additionally, it is dangerous to fellowship with false teachers because they can corrupt even sound theology.
Do not be deceived: “Bad company ruins good morals.”
1 Corinthians 15:33