The man who was once hoisted high, wrapped in a Jewish scroll and anointed with the title and crown of “King” has died. Eddie long was 63.
As part of the New Apostolic Reformation (NAR), Long was given apostolic/leadership authority over nearly 300 churches, over which congregations were to submit to the almost absolute authority of his anointed leadership, rather than submitting to one another and to elders an deacons of the local church.
Here are some fast facts with links about Eddie Long:
- Long was spiritual authority his New Birth mega-church in Lithonia, Georgia, growing the church from 300 members to 25,000.
- Married briefly in 1981 to Dabara S. Houston, who said she was the victim of “cruel treatment” and was afraid of Long’s “violent and vicious temper,” according to Fulton County Superior Court records.
- In 2006, Long was chosen by the family of Martin Luther King, Jr. to host and officiate the funeral for Mrs. Coretta Scott King, wife of the late civil rights pioneer.
- In 2012, video of a ceremony at his church went viral, showing Jewish Rabbi Messer declaring Long a “King.” The Rabbi wrapped Long in a Torah scroll recovered during the Holocaust. Messner said it was a “priceless” 312-year-old scroll that had been recovered from the Auschwitz concentration camp during World War II. Four leaders of the church then lifted long in a chair and parade him around the cheering congregation. “He is a king. God’s blessed him. He’s a humble man, but in him is kingship, royalty,” Messer can be heard shouting in the shocking video:
- Long was subject of a Senate investigation, concerning whether he personally profited from his church’s tax-exempt status, which eventually ended without a finding of wrongdoing.
- Several civil lawsuits were filed against him alleging sexual abuse of multiple underage teen boys of his parish. Long had denied wrongdoing through his attorneys and privately settled the lawsuits out of court for undisclosed amounts.
- His apostolic authority covered churches in The Father’s House network, including 79 churches in Georgia alone and a total of approximately 275 in 38 states. Long once told the Atlanta Journal Constitution:
We’re not just a church; we’re an international corporation,” he said. “We’re not just a bumbling bunch of preachers who can’t talk and all we’re doing is baptizing babies. I deal with the White House. I deal with Tony Blair. I deal with presidents around the world. I pastor a multimillion-dollar congregation.”
- Late last year, pictures of Long looking emaciated caused many to speculate that he had serious health issues. After attributing his drastic weight loss to a vegan diet, Long finally admitted late last year that he had a “health challenge,” but didn’t name the apparent illness.
Long died of “aggressive cancer” on January 15. He leaves behind a wife, Vanessa, four children (Edward, Jared, Taylor, and Eric), and three grandchildren.
See our White Paper on New Apostolic Reformation (NAR)
I saw an interview with one of his boy victims. I have no trouble believing his demise was from either Aids or a related opportune disease (some cancers are directly related to the kind of perversions he practiced). He is a graphic example of the kind of rot that can hide inside of an organization that allows unchecked power to its leaders. Unfortunately, it is all too common. Within the ranks of CC, another high profile pastor (Bob Caldwell, CCBoise) was finally exposed for committing debauchery over a period of 14 years with no accountability. It mimics the situation of Bob Coy, whose similar and disgusting activities likely went on for nearly 30 years. All of us in the Body of Christ should be appalled and should be willing to wake up to what is right next to us. Don’t defend a leader who is not completely forthcoming. A good leader will come out into the light and let his deeds become manifest as good. A leader with something to hide–will not. Hold your leaders accountable–no matter what. God is not “a respecter of persons” and neither should we be. Find out if your own pastor is qualified. (How many times has he been married. If married more than once, was it a Biblical split that would allow him to marry again? Was his wife Biblically allowed to remarry? What has he been doing with the church money? Can it be accounted for? Is the leadership approachable or defensive?) I see good things here on this site. My hope is that you, too, would be open, even to the point that you would rebuke one of your fellow ministries if they should be found to be covering up error or the facts of a disqualified pastor. (Please note–I qualified my statement that all queries should be respectful.) All of us should have this approach. It may save spiritual sanity. “For everyone who does evil hates the light, and does not come to the light, lest his deeds should be exposed. But he who practices the truth comes to the light, that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God.”, John 3:20 & 21.
These kinds of “churches” are not what The Lord had in mind when He said go unto the world and preach the Gospels. These “leaders” apart from being unqualified and unbiblical bring ill repute to The Name of our Lord. This is rampant in Churchianity and will continue untill the saved sheep come out from them. There is a division happening and it’s my opinion it’s no coincidence, The Lord is bringing His bride out from Churchianity, stragglers are leaving daily. Soon enough a charismatic religious leader will point to a very charismatic political leader as the new messiah.
“Long was given apostolic/leadership authority over nearly 300 churches, over which congregations were to submit to the almost absolute authority of his anointed leadership, rather than submitting to one another and to elders an deacons of the local church.”
This is the reason the NAR is so popular among church “leadership”. They love the highest seat. Instead of taking Jesus’ teaching about who is the greatest among Christians, they strive for and accept the accolades of men.
Luke22:24-27 are the means by which the true church is to function. Service.
“And there was also a strife among them, which of them should be accounted the greatest.
And he said unto them, The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors.
But ye shall not be so: but he that is greatest among you, let him be as the younger; and he that is chief, as he that doth serve.
For whether is greater, he that sitteth at meat, or he that serveth? is not he that sitteth at meat? but I am among you as he that serveth.”
Not like our gov’t defines “public servant”. They, like the Pharisees, put heavy loads on those they supposedly “serve” that they wouldn’t carry themselves. Or the Gentiles that lord it over their people while calling themselves “benefactors”.
Jesus’ leadership is enough and He told us not to hear the voice of a “hireling”. One who would lord it over and steal from us.
Yes, this guy was a King!! A King of Wolves & Thieves Robbing Gods people and Gods House!!
Also A Prince of Lies only second to the father of Lies Satan himself!!
Praise God He is slow to wrath but once the Anvil strikes the Terrible Swift Sword of the Lord is Swift indeed without remedy
So let this mans mockery of the Lord be a warning to all that whatever a man sows that shall he reap for God is not mocked!!
And Eddie mocked the Lord greatly and he died at a very young age and now faxes a Hell Eternal
While it is quite a bit later to be posting again, this is a link to something interesting. Creflo Dollar (another heinous wolf) is speaking about Long. Don’t watch with a full stomach.